Preserve Your Vision at Our Las Vegas Eye Clinic
Diabetes can lead to a number of conditions that cause vision loss, such as:
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic macular edema
Diabetic eye disease is the leading cause of vision loss among people younger than 74 years.
Risk Factors For Diabetic Eye Disease
- High blood sugar
- High blood pressure
- Duration of diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Family history of diabetes and diabetic eye disease.
The Importance of Yearly Diabetic Eye Exam
Diabetic eye disease may initially have no symptoms. By the time people start noticing vision loss, it is often too late. During a comprehensive diabetic eye exam, we can spot problems early when they are still treatable.
Treatment And Prevention Of Diabetic Eye Disease
- Early diagnosis and management
- Yearly complete dilated eye examination (in the early stages there may be blood or other signs of damage before any vision loss occurs)
- Blood sugar and blood pressure control
- Management of other risk factors
Call us at (702) 570-2820 to schedule your diabetic eye exam today!